Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

unpublish module still appears on FlexiContent

unpublish module still appears on FlexiContent

http://img.skitch.com/20100222-g61xu9nkxc55ksfpggppp3bx77.preview.jpg
Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

I supposed that metamod pro could totally "hide" or disable a module when its assigned not to publish, based on specific if statement. However, this is not true for component flexicontent.

Code:

if ( $option == 'com_flexicontent' && $view == 'flexicontent' ) return;

if ( $option == 'com_flexicontent' && $view == 'category' ) return;

else return 25;

From the code above, it supposed to hide my modules on flexicontent category & section (named flexicontent by its dev) views. But it doesn't.

Section/Flexicontent View:

http://img.skitch.com/20100222-n9bp3dxbm4kcjfpxw8i1eedcn4.preview.jpg

Category View:

http://img.skitch.com/20100222-85ye1qj5ti9ynpeukjd5xhp87f.preview.jpg

Items View:

http://img.skitch.com/20100222-fp97j2gn48pyhc98pb8qd2e44e.preview.jpg

This is a unique case. I have mod_mainmenu on different module position, but it works (no duplicate or this limited metamod function). I wish I have a live site to show but this is on my localhost.

Please advise.

pembaris
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
16 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: unpublish module still appears on FlexiContent

Hi Pembaris,

My first thought is that the MetaMod Pro plugin may not be operating, due to a clash with some other component. I don't think that Flexicontent in itself would cause MetaMod Pro to fail.

1 - do you have BreezingForms installed? We recently found an incompatibility in BreezingForms, and there's a 1-line fix for it available (search the forum). Also NoNumber's Advanced Module Manager conflicts with MetaMod Pro and we have not resolved that yet (but will do). You can only use one or the other at this time.
2 - is the MetaMod Pro plugin turned on?
3 - is it the first plugin in the list of System plugins, in the Plugin Manager?
4 - do you have any other 3rd-party system or content plugins in place? For testing purposes, can you turn as many of them to OFF as possible (only 3rd-party ones), and see if MetaMod then works any better? You may be able to isolate a particular plugin that causes MetaMod Pro to fail, then I'll help to fix it.

I hope that will lead to a solution,
thanks for the screenshots etc.
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory

metamodguy
useravatar
2851 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen,

yeah I think that so as well. It works on other module position. It could be either Morph templating system by Prothemer or FlexiContent. I wouldn't suspect Morph because on different module position, MetaMod Pro behaves like Pro (tongue) instead of just normal MetaMod.

1) I dont have BreezingForms

2) I have double-check that before posting this thread (I am one of those who prefer narrow down potential conflicts & experimenting trial and error then waiting for forum help) wink so yes I have it turned on

3) It is now

4) I am not sure but I'll test that on. I am on localhost and I am mostly working on 3 components (JReviews,k2,flexicontent) and 2-3 modules including metamod (not even twitter module etc, mostly mod_custom with only texts as dummy contents). I have not install any plugin since my last attempt broken my Joomla install with invalid token mystery issue on Joomla. All plugins are either from the k2, flexicontent, JReviews.

I shall investigate more on this. Hopefully I am getting somewhere with this. I truly suspect this has to do with FlexiContent since Flexi doesn't only problematic with MetaMod, but also some others extensions.

I'll let you know if there's any findings. So far temporary fix is only "hides" it with CSS overrides, specifically on the component view that I have that breadcrumbs turned OFF.

Thanks again. Please advise.

pembaris
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
16 Posts

Hi pembaris,

you're checking all the right things. I think it's most interesting that this issue only occurs on a particular module position and not on others. This points to it being a template issue rather than a component issue, though I can't say with certainty.

When you are trying this out on different module positions, are you testing it on the very same Joomla page? So the module position that the MetaMod is in is the only thing changing?

Could you possibly send me a copy of your template, so I can take a look and see if there's anything in there causing the conflict? I'd like to be able to narrow this one down. I'll PM you my e-mail address.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory

metamodguy
useravatar
2851 Posts
User info in posts

It turns out that this issue was caused by the conflict between NoNumber's Advanced Module Manager, and MetaMod Pro. The two simply don't work together (yet). I'm going to take another look at the situation and see if I can make a patch that allows both to work together.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
2851 Posts
User info in posts

wow that was fast support! I was about to update the forum for future references but Stephen the metamodguy beats me to it!

Hang in there to those with same issues and stay tuned.

pembaris
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
16 Posts

Hi Folks,

good news - Peter and I have collaborated on new versions of MetaMod Pro (v2.2) and Advanced Module Manager (v1.8.0). Existing MetaMod Pro customers can pick up their free upgrade following instructions on http://www.metamodpro.com/forums/topic?id=271

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
2851 Posts
User info in posts

Hi all,

I have upgraded my Metamod Pro v2.2 and Advanced Module Manager v1.8.0 and guess what? It works right out the box!

Superb and seamless integration indeed!

Issue solved!

pembaris
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
16 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls: